Are you proud of your smile? If minor imperfections or discolorations mar your teeth, you may want to consider making over your smile with veneers. Hasbrouck Heights, NJ, dentist Dr. Jeffrey Mason explains how you can benefit from veneers.
A simple way to improve your smile
Thin porcelain veneers cover the front surfaces of your teeth and are used to conceal a variety of imperfections. Unlike some other cosmetic dentistry treatments, they require no changes to the structure of your tooth. In fact, only a very small layer of tooth enamel is removed to ensure that your veneers fit well without feeling with bulky.
Veneers are incredibly versatile
Porcelain veneers are regularly used to address these cosmetic issues:
- Minor Damage: Veneers offer a simple way to hide small chips and shallow cracks in your tooth enamel.
- Small Imperfections: Is the surface of a tooth a little uneven or bumpy? Adding a porcelain veneer will make the tooth look perfectly smooth.
- Spacing Issues: Even a very small gap between your teeth can make you dislike your smile. Veneers hide slight gaps and are an excellent choice if you have a slight space between your front teeth.
- Discolorations: Teeth can change color if you've experienced tooth trauma, have a large filling or took tetracycline as a child. Erasing those discolorations is as easy as attaching a veneer to the front of the tooth with dental cement.
- Unusual Looking Teeth: Ideally, all of your teeth will be roughly the same size and shape. Unfortunately, all of us aren't lucky enough to come by a perfect smile naturally. If you would like to change the appearance of a crooked, twisted or pointed tooth or lengthen a short tooth, veneers are a good option.
- A Dull Smile: Yellowing can occur due to aging, genetics or smoking, or from stains from foods and beverages. Although teeth whitening offers an effective way to brighten teeth, results only last a few years and may not be quite as dramatic as you had hoped. Adding veneers to all of your teeth offers a more permanent solution. Since veneers are very resistant to staining, you won't have to worry that your smile will become dull again.
Veneers are smile changers! Call Hasbrouck Heights, NJ, dentist Dr. Jeffrey Mason at (201) 288-4447 to schedule an appointment to discuss veneers.